Minors fighting is allowed?

Closed
YeetAmbassador69 - Oct 7, 2022 at 03:25 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - Oct 22, 2022 at 02:06 PM

Hello, whoever cares, I was on my Instagram feed and found this video of two high schoolers fighting! Now I usually report these because they are videos of literal children fighting? But the post doesn't go against their guidelines. I know there are even death videos on the horribly managed app, but when you report something that should be against guidelines like children fighting on school premises or even inappropriate videos/photos of minors then it's really disheartening to be told it's fine. Just was wondering where the disconnect between reporting and guidelines is?

Android / Chrome 106.0.0.0

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
Oct 22, 2022 at 02:06 PM

Hi,

Instagram is helped by artificial intelligence to moderate the content on the platform. It can decide automatically if a reported content is going against their guidelines or not, but it can also choose to send the report to the review team for a better decision.

I think that many reports (and probably from several accounts) are necessary for the review team to take a look at the content.