How can I defend myself against large-scale hacking attacks?

Solved/Closed
Tigerstar Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 28, 2022 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2022 - Updated on Nov 28, 2022 at 02:41 PM
Tigerstar Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 28, 2022 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2022 - Nov 29, 2022 at 10:52 AM

Hello,

an aggressive hacker is trying to take over my account from WhatsApp repeatedly.

The hacker is intercepting the SMS for me by manipulating the SS7 protocol so that he can get the verification codes from WhatsApp as well.

Initially, he had blackmailed me to send him money if he should leave me alone. I did not respond to this.

Through an automatic routine, he logs into my WhatsApp account several times every hour, but he cannot log in successfully, because he does not have the verification code from the two-factor verification that I have created.

Instead, he requests a reset of my WhatsApp account 10 times a day. These emails are all sent to me.

His numerous attempts only result in me getting an error message when I sign in myself that I can't sign in because the verification code is entered incorrectly too many times.

I have already contacted WhatsApp's support 10 times for help. I get each time, a long e-mail with text modules sent, in which I am then informed about the known measures that I should, for example, set up a two-factor verification, which has already been done.
WhatsApp does not give me an individual answer to my question.

In the meantime, I no longer have access to WhatsApp for 4 weeks and I am inundated with account reset emails from the hacker every day.

(WhatsApp for desktop is not active by the way).

How do I regain access to my WhatsApp account now?

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Best

Related:

1 response

Tigerstar Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 28, 2022 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2022
Updated on Dec 27, 2022 at 05:27 PM

After researching further, it seems there are only 3 options:

1. Give in to the hacker's blackmail attempt and come to a financial agreement with him in the hope that he will stick to an agreement that has been made.

2. Be permanently locked out by the hacker through his numerous daily attacks and hope that he will eventually give up one day.

3. Give up the cell phone number and use the phone number of a new cell phone contract instead. However, it is then important to completely cancel the cell phone number with the mobile operator right away, since the hacker commits crimes with the WhatsApp account he has taken over (e.g., sending phishing messages) and these are then assigned to the own person by the police via the phone number.