When designing a website, one of the most important things to keep in mind is to ensure that your page appears correctly across screens and devices of all sizes. This quick article will give you tips on how to ensure that your website appears properly on screens of all sizes.
How to adjust your website to fit all screens?
Defining a page's relative width is the recommended method when it comes to webpage design due to the page's ability to adjust to screens of any size. By defining the width in percentage as opposed to unit number, you build in a certain amount of flexibility for each piece of the page, allowing it to grow or shrink based on a viewer's screen specs.
- Definition of a website's relative width is done via body tags. This tag can be adapted if you use a div # body:
In this example, the code dictates that your website's page will take 100% of the window, regardless of the viewing screen's size. If you'd like your page to appear slightly smaller, we recommend setting your width to no less than 80%, or you risk that your content will appear too small on-screen. If you define a smaller width, you can focus your screen using margin: auto.
How to know the minimum or maximum width property?
The minimum or maximum width property can also be used while adjusting the website to fit all types of resolution. It is important to note, however, that a minimum width is not supported in Internet Explorer, and that setting a maximum width may result in distorted presentation if a smaller page doesn't fit a larger screen.
Here's an example of a website showing a page width of 90%, centered, with a minimum width of 600 pixels and a maximum width of 2000 pixels:
- How to make website fit all screen sizes
- How to adjust web page to fit screen
- How to make my website resize automatically when the screen resolution changes
- How to change screen size on xbox one > Guide
- Html table fit to screen > Guide
- Php detect screen size > Guide
- How to change screen size in VLC > Guide
- How to set the default aspect ratio in LG Smart TV > Guide
- Shazam on computer: how to use it
- How to use TinyWeb Server on Windows?
- How to help Ukraine: refugees, donate, support, now
- Create a custom Bitly URL
- How to celebrate christmas online: virtually, with kids
- How to make redirect in PHP?
- Translate text with DeepL: online, for free
- Download videos for free: from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin
- Return products and get refund on Flipkart
- Winter Olympics 2022: schedule, sports, where to watch
- Connect Jio phone's internet to PC: via hotspot, USB
- Switch language on your website: via html, automatically
- Solar storm: what is it, effects on technology and humans
- Change the font: on Instagram, Facebook post, Twitter
- Update your email address on your Aadhaar card online
- How to declutter your digital life?
- Badoo sign up: download, code, in English
- Find car owner's details with license plate in India
- How to view and change my IP address: Windows, Linux, Mac
- Fact checking and verification on the Internet
- Enable cookies: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, iPhone
- How to start trading stocks online: for beginners
- How to close a Paypal account
- What is Messenger Rooms
- What does Bomboclaat mean
- Most famous robots in movies
- Best digital Christmas gifts: for clients, for students
- Tokyo Olympics: watch online, live, free
- Best online learning platforms: for adults, kids, free
- How to get cheap flights: anywhere, without specific dates
- Sustainable gifts for Christmas: apps & websites
- How to build a WordPress website: on your PC, from scratch
- Virtual birthday party: ideas for kids, adults, games, etc.
- Things to do at home: online, with friends, by yourself
- Who to call if you have Coronavirus symptoms: UK, US
- What is 5G technology and how it works?
- How to unsubscribe or delete your Tuenti account
- Improve video calls: quality, lighting
- Create a website: for free, from scratch, for business
- How to set up e-commerce website: online, free
- Pet adoption: websites and apps