Locked out of instagram account

Closed
Josh - Feb 5, 2023 at 11:57 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 - Feb 5, 2023 at 12:50 PM

Got quite a challenging one here,

so I was unfollowing a few people that I’m not friends with anymore and instagram decided that it was against its terms of service and has told me a I need to make a new password to gain access to the account.

however, I created my account through Facebook and never actually made a old password so I can’t create a new password to gain access.

also during the time I created my instagram account, I have got a new phone with a new number so when I click on forgot password it is sending a confirmation code to my old number which I don’t have access to anymore.

is there anyway of getting access into my account or anyway of contacting instagram as there help centre is absolutely not helpful at all.

thank you.

iPhone / Safari 16.1

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Feb 5, 2023 at 12:50 PM

Hi,

If you still have access to your Facebook account, please update first your contact information in Settings & PrivacySettings > General > Contact.

Next, go to Instagram and click Log in with Facebook > Forgot password. Find your account by entering your email, name or phone number and follow the steps to reset the password.

Once your password is reset, log in to your Instagram account with Facebook. Please note that the password of your Facebook account will also be reset.

In case you no longer have access to your Facebook account too, try recovering it. Then, you can perform the above steps to get your Instagram account back.

Good luck.