Gmail Hacked Gmail Account!

Closed
Benzbeatz - Mar 13, 2023 at 09:40 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Mar 14, 2023 at 10:41 AM

Hello,

I am desperately needing some help! Last week, I was hacked and lost access to my social media accounts (Instagram and Facebook) and also access to my Gmail account, which I have had for many years! When I try to reset my info, the hacker has changed the email and the phone number! I have tried everything that google has asked me to do but it's not helping! Can someone please help me and advise what other options I can take?

Thank you in advance!

Shaun

Macintosh / Chrome 110.0.0.0

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Mar 14, 2023 at 10:41 AM

Hi,

Here are the recommended steps to recover your hacked Gmail account. Here are also the tips provided by Google in order to increase your chance of regaining access to your account.

Once your Gmail account is recovered (and if it was set as one of your recovery options) you can recover your Facebook account - as well as your Instagram account and get the recovery code by email. That's said, even if you still haven't recovered your Gmail account yet, you can always try to recover your social media accounts.

Good luck

zainshahidawan65 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday March 14, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 14, 2023
Mar 14, 2023 at 06:54 AM

Hello Shaun,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been hacked and lost access to your social media and email accounts. It can be a stressful and frustrating situation, but there are some steps you can take to regain control of your accounts.

Firstly, try to recover your social media accounts by using the "forgot password" feature. If the hacker has changed the email and phone number associated with your accounts, you may need to go through the account recovery process. This typically involves verifying your identity by providing personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and previous passwords.

If you're unable to recover your social media accounts this way, you can reach out to the platform's support team for assistance. They may be able to help you regain access to your accounts or provide guidance on what to do next.

As for your Gmail account, if you've tried everything that Google has suggested and still can't access your account, you can reach out to their support team. They may be able to help you recover your account or guide you through the account recovery process.

It's important to take steps to secure your accounts once you regain access. This includes changing your passwords, enabling two-factor authentication, and reviewing your account activity to ensure that there are no unauthorized logins.

I hope this information helps you regain access to your accounts. Best of luck!