WhatsApp Backup Deleted

Solved
Sammeh123 - Aug 2, 2023 at 07:39 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 3, 2024 - Aug 3, 2023 at 05:00 AM

Hello,

When re adding my WhatsApp to my phone, I accidentally clicked 'backup' before WhatsApp had a chance to recover and add my previous messages and now, because of that, all my messages are deleted. Is there any way that my old message are still stored somewhere and, if so, can these be re uploaded?

There are lots of really important messages to me and personal messages so I really need these messages back.

Please help!

Best regards

Samuel

Android / Chrome 115.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 3, 2024 1,888
Aug 3, 2023 at 05:00 AM

Hello Samuel,

I'm afraid this backup has overwritten the old one. You can check if it's still available by going to the Google Drive app, then Menu (3 horizontal bars) > Backups.

If you can find your old backup there, delete the new one and go back to WhatsApp to restore your backup containing your chats.

Otherwise, try looking for a local backup. From your phone's file explorer, find the WhatsApp folder and go to Databases. If by chance there are files named "msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12", rename the backup to restore to "msgstore.db.crypt12" and reinstall WhatsApp to restore it.

Good luck