Facebook hacked. New one started in error.

Karenator2 Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 15, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2023 - Sep 15, 2023 at 12:50 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14323 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 4, 2024 - Oct 5, 2023 at 06:07 AM

If my Facebook was hacked, and I unfortunately started a new one in the heat of the moment of trying to retrieve it, will I ever be able to get the original acct. back? I have read all the links and even uploaded my ID to the help page. It's only been a week. The new one I opened (for 10 minutes) is set for deletion. Will they ever get back to me? Is it even possible to get the original one back? Do I need to leave it alone for a couple weeks until the new one is permanently deleted? 

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14323 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 4, 2024 1,885
Sep 17, 2023 at 03:10 PM

Hi,

The best thing to do is to use the recovery page dedicated for hacked accounts. You can also check your email (and junk) for a message from Facebook allowing you to reverse the change of your credentials. The new account shouldn't block you from recovering the hacked one.

Right now, since you submitted your ID to Facebook, wait for a reply from them by email (check also your junk folder). You may have to wait several weeks before getting a reply. Once Facebook has confirmed your identity, they'll send you a message that will allow you to recover your account access.

Here's also an article for various methods to recover a Facebook account.

Good luck

If I didn't thank you earlier, I thank you now. I'm pretty stubborn. Friends say I'll never get it back, but I'm still thinking I will!

HelpiOS Posts 14323 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 4, 2024 1,885 > Karenator2
Sep 26, 2023 at 07:27 AM

Yes, unfortunately account recovery can be difficult sometimes... Fingers crossed and I hope that you'll get your account back soon!

Good luck

Thank you so much! by the way, I have tried the recovery methods suggested, but it always goes to try to recover the latest account that I stupidly opened up. I don’t know how to tell him to go to the other one. So maybe I do have to wait like you said you weeks and try it or see if I receive an email?

HelpiOS Posts 14323 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 4, 2024 1,885
Oct 5, 2023 at 06:07 AM

Hi,

If they think you're trying to recover the last account (deleted one) it is possible that they don't take the hacked one into account.

Try starting the recovery process again by going to facebook.com/hacked then enter your name to find the right account. If you enter your email or number, is the deleted one that appears?

Alternatively, if the hacked account is still available on Facebook, go to its profile page, select the 3 dots below the cover photo and choose Find support or report profile > Something else > NextRecover this account.​​​​​​​

Good luck