WhatsApp account takeover

Sect. - Nov 1, 2023 at 10:34 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 - Nov 1, 2023 at 06:34 PM

Hello,

Can anyone help on how to reach WhatsApp directly in a chat? My WhatsApp account has been taken over by some criminals. Now they have intentionally entered wrong verification codes severally for WhatsApp to suspend sending verification codes. And so I am unable to receive any verification code. This has given them enough time to use my WhatsApp and impersonate me to defraud my family and friends. I have contacted WhatsApp support severally but they are yet to respond or even log out the criminal. He is still using my account 

iPhone / Chrome 119.0.6045.41

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 1,884
Nov 1, 2023 at 06:34 PM

Hi,

Clear WhatsApp's cache and data (from Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Storage) and restart your phone. Next, try activating WhatsApp once again - and if you still don't receive any SMS code, you may request a phone call. If the problem persists, try reinstalling WhatsApp or test with a different device.

Once you've activated your account, that individual will be automatically logged out. You can then enable the two-step authentication to make your WhatsApp account secure. You can enable it by going to your WhatsApp settings, in Account > Two-step verification.

Good luck