Can't get messages in between a certain period

Solved
Ches - Oct 27, 2023 at 01:06 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 - Oct 27, 2023 at 06:04 PM

Hello, back in April this year I broke my phone screen and couldn't get on my phone. I took the simcard out of that phone and put it into an old phone of mine. Unfortunately, the software on my old phone wasn't developed enough for me to download WhatsApp on that phone so I was unable to access it between the end of April to now.

I have now been able to fix my phone, I've put in the simcard again, gone on WhatsApp and there are no new messages from between the period of my phone breaking to now and I know for a fact there are messages I've been sent on there. So, I was just wondering if there was a way I could get these messages to load onto my WhatsApp now I can actually access it.

The phone is a Huawei P20 Pro if that's any help.

Cheers!

Macintosh / Safari 17.0

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Oct 27, 2023 at 06:04 PM

Hi,

Your Huawei was off during this period obviously, right?

When someone send a message, it will first go to WhatsApp's servers and then be delivered to your phone. If your phone is off or has no internet access, it will remain on the servers so that it will be delivered as soon as your phone is on and connected to the network.

Now, since your phone was off during a long time, the messages sent to you was deleted from WhatsApp's servers because they aren't kept indefinitely. That's why you didn't receive any new message when you checked WhatsApp.

Your contacts should also have noticed that their messages wasn't delivered due to the single tick - meaning that the messages are sent, but not delivered (two ticks).