- Can't get messages in between a certain period
- Why can't i share a post on facebook in a private message - Guide
- Forward whatsapp messages - Guide
- Starred messages meaning - Guide
- How to translate text messages - Guide
- Network error android text messages - Guide
Your Huawei was off during this period obviously, right?
When someone send a message, it will first go to WhatsApp's servers and then be delivered to your phone. If your phone is off or has no internet access, it will remain on the servers so that it will be delivered as soon as your phone is on and connected to the network.
Now, since your phone was off during a long time, the messages sent to you was deleted from WhatsApp's servers because they aren't kept indefinitely. That's why you didn't receive any new message when you checked WhatsApp.
Your contacts should also have noticed that their messages wasn't delivered due to the single tick - meaning that the messages are sent, but not delivered (two ticks).