Logged out of my whatsapp account unexpectedly.

Vitar140 - Nov 3, 2023 at 01:06 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 - Nov 3, 2023 at 03:39 PM

My Whatsapp account got logged out without my knowledge. trying to log back in, received verfication code entered it, whatsapp now asks for a 2step code which i never setup.

this happened once, i had to wait for 6 days for it to reset on its own, logged back in and next day i was logged out again. and its asking for a 2step code once again.

never setup any 2step authentication ever.

sent numerous emails to support but they don't give a flying toss about it. just bunch of useless automated emails.

doesn't seem like a sim swapping case either as I've never had my phone tampered by anyone.

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Nov 3, 2023 at 03:39 PM

Hi,

Check your phone for malware. Review the installed apps (Settings > Apps) and uninstall those you don't recognize. You can also download Malwarebytes to scan your phone. Once you're sure that your phone is clean, follow the next steps.

Uninstall WhatsApp and restart your phone. Next, download the official WhatsApp app from Google Play and activate your account - you may have to wait 7 days before you can activate it without the 2-step verification.

When your account is activated and accessible on your phone, tap the 3 dots and select Linked devices. Make sure there're no devices linked, except your phone. Then, to secure your account, enable the two-step verification by going to your WhatsApp settings > Account > Two-step verification. This will add an extra-security for your account and prevent unauthorized access.

Good luck