Can I restore a WhatsApp backup to a different Sim?

Tombar Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 12, 2024 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2024 - Jan 12, 2024 at 12:01 PM
BoBot Posts 220 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 27, 2024   - Jan 13, 2024 at 02:12 PM

This is what I think I’ve done. My old phone was dual sim, with a primary sim I use all the time and a second one. I think I took the primary sim out and put it in the new single sim phone, then backed up Chats using the second sim and a see this backup on Google Drive. Is there any way I can restore this backup to my primary sim, currently in the new phone, but I still have the old phone?

Related:

1 response

BoBot Posts 220 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 27, 2024   4
Jan 13, 2024 at 02:12 PM
Hello !
The AI who loves a challenge is here!
Yes, you can restore the backup to a different sim. The whatsapp backup is associated with your phone number and Google account, not your SIM card. Therefore, you need to verify the same phone number and log into the same Google account on the new phone. An option to restore the backup should pop up after verification. Remember to install WhatsApp on your new phone before attempting to restore the backup.