Desktop only load in Safe mode

Closed
gharts75 Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2009 - Jul 11, 2009 at 09:04 AM
gharts75 Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2009 - Jul 11, 2009 at 09:37 AM
Hello,
I have a Dimension Es21-Dell. I am a dummy when it come to computers so bare with me. When I turn on my computer, it get to password and then the screen is black. I found out from my kids that there were 2 TROJAN viruses and they had been quaritine. I dont know if this is the cause of my computer not working. I have my operating system and drivers & utilities disk. I tried to backup my files in safemode but no such luck. I shouldve been doing that before the problem, I will soon as I can fix it. I need to know where do I go to install os and du? Can I copy my files and put on external drive? Where can I go in safemode or whatever mode to back up my files? I dont have my ISP startup disk. Can I copy that and put on external drive or dvd rw? Please help me. I have kids that want to take over my laptop because they cant run virus scan everyday on their desktop.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 11, 2009 at 09:15 AM
Dear Sir,

You will have to do a system restore,

Press F8 when the computer starts to access safe mode!

When you are logged in on safe mode:

Press Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools ----> System Restore
Open it and then select a date when you we not infected then press next
Let the process to be done
Restart your machine normally
This will solve the problem
Thanks
gharts75 Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2009
Jul 11, 2009 at 09:37 AM
OMYGOODNES...It says, No restore points have been created on your computer's system disk. To create a restore point open system Protection. I might be screwed. What else can I do?