Avast 4.8 will not download

Closed
Tia - Jul 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 - Jul 13, 2009 at 01:51 AM
Hello,

I uninstalled my avast 4.8 antiviral on-access Web shield from my computer from the desktop icon. I was asked if I just wanted to delete the icon, or uninstall the program. I selected "uninstall the program, and proceeded to do so. "Something" did not go as planned. Upon realizing that I had screwed up, I went to my recycle bin, and attempted to "reinstall" Avast 4.8. Only the avast icon reapeared. When I click on the Icon, the message I receive states that Avast is no longer working, has been moved, and ask if I want to delete the Icon.

I have tried everything that I know to do. When I attempted to redownload Avast 4.8, will not download onto my computer period. It will load up to a point, and then stop. I do get a message in my browser area telling me that active x is blocking a program. I also received a message mentioning the router had been reset/a connection was not being made. what is really weird is the fact that I can download cycber defender among others. I don't want them.

Please help.
Related:

1 response

aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Jul 13, 2009 at 01:51 AM
Hi,
Look at this FAQ article and try with the avast uninstall utility : http://ccm.net/faq/sujet 276 uninstall avast
Best regards