Please help me as quick as possible

Closed
Sarah - Jul 13, 2009 at 04:29 PM
 Mikemx7 - Jul 17, 2009 at 07:23 PM
Hi, i just bought this pro-tech S.video 4 mini pin and stereo cable (3 RCA Gold Plated) and i plugged in the red, yellow, and white connectors to My Sony (Brava) plasma TV (keep in mind that in this particular TV i don't have a lot of options when it comes to where i plug my red, yellow, and white connectors....So long story short i plugged the other end of the connectors that has 4 mini pins to my laptop and the audio connector in the audio in my Toshiba laptop (i bought this laptop in 2006 that has also the fingerprint reader).. when i did all that i pressed "Fn" than "F5"<< in other laptops it's "F4" but in my laptop it's different .....so after all of this it still didn't work ...and yes i put my TV to the "PC channel " meaning that in this Plasma TV i have many options. Yet, it still didn't work so i tried it with Video 1 than Video 2 (Keep in mind that i knew that this wouldn't work ...and i got really angry and i stopped trying ...so please help me tell me is it me or is it the cable or my tv ????
Related:

3 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jul 15, 2009 at 06:19 PM
I think that it is just a setting problem

Try to extend your screen on the external device.

To your desktop properties settings and select the display options

extend your desktop
i'm sooo glad that you answered back as soon as you read this message... i didn't expect anyone would actually read my message until after a couple of months or even years..lol but anyways, the thing is that i agree that it might have to do with the settings like you mentioned from before ....Yet, the problem is everything that you just mentioned is like to me..."huh?" You know where i'm going with this ....i'm not really good when it comes to technical stuff so it would be Excellent if you would repeat what you just said but in detailed steps not forgetting to give more than one option so, rather than it not working i would have another option if Plan "A" doesn't work... so thnx again and plzzzzz answer me as soon as possible ...
they mean goto display sttings , Avanced.. and chose witch display you whant to use internal or external and what port out,are both at the same time. hope this helps.Cooool....