Windows 10's Quick Access menu facilitates access to your frequently used files, folders, and content by placing them at the top of the File Explorer's sidebar. This tutorial will help you to navigate this new feature.
How to pin folders to the Quick Access menu?
1) Click on the Start menu > File Explorer.
2) Navigate to the desired folder and click on Pin to Quick access:
3) The selected folder will now appear in the File Explorer's Quick access section.
4) The folder will also appear in the Pinned list.
You can access your pinned content by going into Start > File Explorer > Pinned.
How to remove recent files and folders from Quick Access?
Windows 10 will also display files and folders you've recently used in the Quick access menu. You can refresh the list of recent items or prevent them from showing up in Quick access by going into Folder Options.
While in the File Explorer, select the View tab and click on the Options button to open Folder Options.
Go to General tab > Privacy and click on the Clear button (displayed next to Clear File Explorer history) to refresh the list of recent items.
You can turn off this feature by clearing the checkboxes next Show recently used files in Quick access and Show frequently used folders in Quick access:
Click on Apply > OK to apply your new settings.
How to open File Explorer in "This PC" view?
By default, the File Explorer of Windows 10 will open in the Quick access view. You can change this setting by going into the Folder Options. Once there, click on the dropdown menu next to Open File Explorer to select This PC.
Click on Apply > OK.
- Windows 7 internet access but can't browse [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Windows 7 - Quickly Access the
- Mac OS 10.6.6: Quick access to the desktop
- How To Pin a Mailbox to Windows 10's Start Menu
- Restore Your Browser to Default Settings on Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10