Windows 10's Quick Access menu facilitates access to your frequently used files, folders, and content by placing them at the top of the File Explorer's sidebar. This tutorial will help you to navigate this new feature.
How to pin folders to the Quick Access menu?
1) Click on the Start menu > File Explorer.
2) Navigate to the desired folder and click on Pin to Quick access:
3) The selected folder will now appear in the File Explorer's Quick access section.
4) The folder will also appear in the Pinned list.
You can access your pinned content by going into Start > File Explorer > Pinned.
How to remove recent files and folders from Quick Access?
Windows 10 will also display files and folders you've recently used in the Quick access menu. You can refresh the list of recent items or prevent them from showing up in Quick access by going into Folder Options.
While in the File Explorer, select the View tab and click on the Options button to open Folder Options.
Go to General tab > Privacy and click on the Clear button (displayed next to Clear File Explorer history) to refresh the list of recent items.
You can turn off this feature by clearing the checkboxes next Show recently used files in Quick access and Show frequently used folders in Quick access:
Click on Apply > OK to apply your new settings.
How to open File Explorer in "This PC" view?
By default, the File Explorer of Windows 10 will open in the Quick access view. You can change this setting by going into the Folder Options. Once there, click on the dropdown menu next to Open File Explorer to select This PC.
Click on Apply > OK.
- How to open quick access menu in windows 10
- Quick access menu windows 10
- Windows 10 quick menu
- How to add the accessibility menu to Quick Menu on PS4? > Guide
- Bluetooth shortcut key: Windows 8.1 > Guide
- LG TV subtitles: turn on, won't turn off, format > Guide
- Windows 8.1 - A desktop shortcut to rapidly access the Network Connections menu
- Samsung reset code: keypad, factory settings, number > Guide
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- PC restarting on its own: Windows 10, 11
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Where apps are stored on Windows 10?
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- How to turn on and use Wake on LAN on a PC?
- Show hidden files on Windows 10: via cmd, shortcut
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
- How to disable volume shadow copy?
- Update to Windows 10 for free
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- Windows calendar show week number
- How to increase your PC hard disk space?
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Install RSync under Windows: cygwin, powershell
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Command prompt: Windows 10, commands, shortcut
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- Speed up Windows 10 computer performance
- Fix corrupted driver: Code 39, Windows 10
- Disable Ctfmon.exe at startup on Windows 10
- Play music on computer startup: Windows 10, Windows 7
- Mount ISO files: Windows 10
- How to right click on touch screen: Windows 10, monitor
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Asus smart gesture not working: after Windows 10 update
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- How to change the installation location on Windows 7, 10, 11
- How to activate a pirated version of Windows?
- Pagefile.sys file: purpose, size, location
- Fix touchpad on Windows 10: disabled, incompatible driver
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- Delete file in Windows: CMD, 10
- Add a printer in Windows 8.1, 10
- How to display Windows 10 update in Control Panel?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- How to open the Windows 10 registry via cmd
- How to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 via cmd?
- How to reduce data usage: on Windows 11, 10
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- How to set up the phone companion app in Windows 10?
- Customize the mouse pointer in Windows 8, 10
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- How to turn off Taskbar Tidbits in Windows 10
- How to enable classic notifications in Windows 10
- Take photos with your webcam on Windows 7, 10
- How to switch graphics processor on Windows 10
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to hide desktop icons on Windows 10?
- Desktop icons missing Windows: 10, 7, after update
- How to boot in safe mode in Windows 8, 10?
- How to create a desktop shortcut for Cortana: WIndows 10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to change Cortana search engine: to Google
- Windows 10: Home Vs Pro
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Best Windows 10 browser: 2022, for privacy
- USB not recognized: Windows 10 fix
- How to uninstall Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- How to use Cortana in Windows 10
- Speed up PC startup on Windows 7, 8, 10
- How to record screen: Windows 11, 10