Outlook email

Closed
Foodie - Jul 14, 2009 at 02:50 PM
 Silverbird - Jul 14, 2009 at 03:41 PM
Hello,
I have recently installed teh latest Office suite, including Outlook, onto a new pc. I run a personal business address from my Outlook which has always worked previously. However now when I open up my Outlook at the end of the day at work, I have around 20 or so blank received emails. They all show as received at the same time, same file size, but are all blank. I normally would expect to receive this many during the daytime (many of which are spam via a Wordpress blog) but some are proper mails. As they are all blank, and as I have sent an email to this address from elsewhere, I know that I am not receiving some of my mails. Any ideas?
Thanks

Foodie

1 response

How is your pc connected locally to the internet? The fact that there are multiple instances of the same email indicates that you have an intermittent internet connection. Download of the email starts then stops and this behaviour repeats. Because the email is never fully downloaded Outlook attempts to re-download. Your router or access point may be defective, often power surges or defective power supply units are responsible for temporary or permanent damage. Have your local lan equipment checked or replaced. Equipment may sometimes overheat therefore also check that everything is well ventilated and running cool. Warm weather may also prevent equipment from cooling adequately. If your equipment and environment checks out OK then contact the ISP support staff so as to investigate other causes.