Desktop internet not working help pls

Closed
Sheldon486 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2009 - Jul 22, 2009 at 11:58 AM
Sheldon486 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2009 - Jul 22, 2009 at 01:32 PM
Hello,
I am experiencing some troubles... yesterday while playing Warhammer Online on my desktop computer, my internet went out. this happens often to me when the computer is on for extended periods of time. so i did the normal thing i always do. i turned off the computer for a few minuets, and reset my router. this normally resets it just fine and it goes on being internetty. but this time it said i was connected to the internet (my AOL icon in the bottom right hand corner said "Connection available") but i couldnt access internet explorer, use games, open a ventrilo server... nothing that uses the internet. but my xbox 360, my laptop, and my ipod touch are all connecting to the wireless that comes from my computer. i ran norton and found a tracking cookie, no trojans or something of the like. i have tried everything i know to fix it and nothing works. please help.
thank you for not posting silly comments.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Hye there,

Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Connection tab > Lan Settings

Tick automatically detect proxy settings, then click OK

Restart your machine

I hope this will work

Thanks
Sheldon486 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2009
Jul 22, 2009 at 01:32 PM
didnt seem to work