Boot Problem

Closed
The Metaphor - Jul 22, 2009 at 05:38 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 23, 2009 at 01:59 AM
I recently uninstalled all programs on my PC in order to replace the (at that time) Windows XP Service Pack 2 (due to software counterfeiting) with I guess you can say "the real deal" Windows XP2 SP2 I purchased at a loacl retailer. At first the Windows XP sp2 seemed to work fine, only to find that Realtek Sound Manager was no longer working. I created a rescue disc prior to installing the "real deal" version of Windows XP using a program called "Fix-It Utilities 9 Professional". The rescue disc would not revert to the prior "counterfeit" Windows XP so that I may retrieve information needed to retrieve the Realtek Sound Manager. So NOW, when I try to boot up, I get to a black screen that advises me that Windows had shut down abnormally, and lists 5 (five) options as to how I want to open up Windows. There are 3 (three) options for Safe Mode, a "last known configuration" option, and an option to start Windows normally. The options for safe mode include ordinary Safe Mode, Safe Mode w/ Networking, and Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt. Despite WHICH option I select, the computer just returns to the original boot screen (first one you see when you turn the power on). So now I'm pressing "Delete" at this particular screen to enter the setup in an attempt to boot from my CD drive in order to use the rescue disc I created. The damn thing still returns to the original boot up screen. Please help me, I'm stranded in frustration city...lol.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 23, 2009 at 01:59 AM
hi,

press Del button repeatedly as soon as you start the computer (before the windows logo appears).

then you will be able to get to the BIOS setup.

then set the boot order to boot from CD first.

thank you.