Acer TravelMate 2410 won't start

Closed
TOKS28 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2010 - Jul 29, 2009 at 04:27 PM
TOKS28 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2010 - Jan 9, 2010 at 08:55 AM
Hello,
After I replaced my DVD/CD-ROM, my laptop will not come on. The power button light flashes every 3 seconds.
And when it does the light on the cover of the DVD/CD flashes as well. I have read some discussions about formatting a USB and installing zg5ia32.fd and flahit.exe, and pressing FN +Esc buttons, but this does not seem to work.
Please help,the laptop is out of warranty and it has all my family pictures and important documents.
Related:

1 response

TOKS28 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2010
Jan 9, 2010 at 08:55 AM
After I replaced my DVD/CD-ROM, my laptop will not come on. The power button light flashes every 3 seconds.
And when it does the light on the cover of the DVD/CD flashes as well. I have read some discussions about formatting a USB and installing zg5ia32.fd and flahit.exe, and pressing FN +Esc buttons, but this does not seem to work.
Thinking it was the motherboard, I have replaced the motherboard and its still the same problem.
Please help,the laptop is out of warranty and it has all my family pictures and important documents.