Please help computer illiterate set up wirles

Closed
charlene - Jul 30, 2009 at 06:35 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 30, 2009 at 07:06 AM
Hello,
please please help me i have a standard tower pc which runs on windows xp and only has 126ram even though it fairly new. hard drives were reformatted xp installed hard drive was de fragged anti virus avast used with spyware doctor and pc gaurd. i know what none of that means however a friend did it for me .

i am with virgin media as my broadband supplier and i have ethernet cables etc however now i am trying to move my computer upstairs so the toddlers dont wreck it and i have spent over a week and many fustrating hours and the damm thing wont do it. the dongle is installed properly with drivers etc , the router is installed with the disc it came with however it tells me an error message halfway through saying ussuported i have been trying everything on the virgin troubleshoot guide and im convinced its something simple im not doing but dont know what can anyone please help me !! i need step by step instructions and its my first time lol an i havent got a clue
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 30, 2009 at 07:06 AM
Dear Sir,

Please note that, to connect to wireless connection with a desktop computer, you will need to use a USB Wifi adapter,

Then you will be able to connect to the wireless network of the router,

Thanks