SHARED CONNECTION--LAPTOP TO DESKTOP

Closed
imnotghetto Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2009 - Aug 1, 2009 at 03:22 PM
imnotghetto Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2009 - Aug 2, 2009 at 09:27 AM
Hello, I am trying to make a shared connection from my wireless latop using a crossover cable to my desktop. I did shared connection on my network places, and I plugged in the crossover cable from my laptop to my desktop but nothing happens. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I'm thinking it has to do with the ip address... maybe. But my desktop does nothing, no message just the red x on the LAN sign/symbol on the bottom right hand side of the screen. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 2, 2009 at 02:59 AM
Hello there,

This is completely useless what you are trying to do,

Do you have a wireless router? how are you getting internet connection from your laptop?

Just use a USB Wifi adapter to get lan or internet on your desktop PC

Thanks
imnotghetto Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2009
Aug 2, 2009 at 09:27 AM
Yes there is a router, I get a wireless connection on my laptop, but I want to make internet available on my desktop through the crossover cable by a shared connection. and its FREE I dont want to buy I usb wifi adapter and I also don't have access to the router in my workplace.