Inspiron 1521 loading screen shutting down

Closed
Ashna - Aug 3, 2009 at 01:05 AM
 Erpep - Sep 2, 2009 at 09:08 AM
Hello, my roommate has been having problems with her Dell Inspiron 1521. She just recently had it fixed by Dell about a month ago. The other day she was working on a project in Photoshop and her computer shut down. She tried to start it up again but it stayed stuck on the dell loading screen. We tried entering the BIOS but the computer didn't respond. After awhile it shut down. Any suggestions to what we can do? Sending it to back to Dell seems to be the best option right now, but every time she gets it back another problem occurs....
Related:

2 responses

sarbel.vilo Posts 233 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2010 31
Aug 3, 2009 at 04:01 AM
i think you should reformat your laptop to solve this problem...
I had same problem as you, finally was a DRam problem, if bios can work, try to run the mem test of bios screen. By the way, anyhow with win Vista you have a guaranty of troubles. In my case I was divided the HD with Ubuntu 8.10 (not 9.04), just for work, results - one year without blue screens and working X times more faster than Vista. Of course I must use Vista but only for few things, and when I have patience for this system stupidities, of course.