Cant connect to internet

Closed
Pyro501 - Aug 19, 2009 at 03:42 PM
 Pyro501 - Aug 19, 2009 at 04:46 PM
My hard drive crashed so I bought and installed new one. I have a Dell so I used OS disk to reinstall Windows XP. Now I cannot connect to my home internet. It shows my LAN connect as excellent but it won't bring up any web pages. I brought up a cmd prompt and did ipconfig and it says "Windows IP Configuration" then thats it it starts a new cmd line, won't let me do anything.

When I run devmgmt.msc to bring up device manager it shows my network adapters as fine. BUT under other devices it does show Ethernet Controller with a ?! next to it. I try to install it but none of the dell disks that came with my pc seem to have it on it and well it can't connect to internet to find it. Please help! Thanks.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 19, 2009 at 04:13 PM
Do you have any driver you should install for your modem, if yes install them and check it.
Ok I put in the disk for the modem I'm using on my broadband internet. It said "The setup assistant is not able to connect to the Modem via any of the network adapters in this computer."

The light next to the ethernet card on the back of my pc is lighting up like its working, I went to Dell's website on my laptop and downloaded the drivers for it to my sandisk and but them on my desktop but still nothing...