Want to do Complete Factory Restore

Closed
Joe - Aug 21, 2009 at 09:20 AM
 Joe - Aug 21, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Hello,
I have a Dell XPS Dimension desktop on which I want to do a Full factory restore (not a system restore to an earlier date). I've already backe up my files. I do have the original disc that came with the computer when I bought it new, however since I can only get it to work in Safe Mode - the computer will not read the cd drives. Also, I have an external CD drive that I can plug in via USB cord, and it will read that in Safe Mode - however I don't know how I get the computer to read the external drive when I'm in BIOS. I can also get it to work in Safe Mode with prompt command, so if anyone knows what I need to type in on the prompt, then I can also attempt to work it that way.

In summary, I would like to know how I can get a full factory restore on this computer in Safe Mode. Please help. Thank you.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 21, 2009 at 09:36 AM
Dear Sir,

You will have to boot the recovery disk,

Go to your bios and set the boot priority to CD/DVD drive

Then press F11 when the computer starts and follow the instructions

Thanks
Thank you Pcsces for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot get the computer to read the cd drive in BIOS. The drive is mechanically fine, it works. However when I go into the configuration and set up "boot from CD drive", the computer does not read it, and consequently I cannot do the factory reset.