Language setting

Closed
Joanna - Aug 22, 2009 at 04:33 PM
 tesar - Apr 24, 2010 at 03:31 PM
Hello, my language setting which is English has unaccountably changed (daughter using computer!!!) and now displays Chinese characters in the menu choices. This makes it difficult to correct as I can't find my settings. Can anyone help, please?

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 23, 2009 at 06:17 AM
Hello there,

I am sorry for you, you will need to restore your Mac os system,

you will need the restore disc,

to know more please click here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2281

Goodluck
How can I change my msn back to english? It defaults to spanish. Kindlyhelp me pls
rhapa Posts 8 Registration date Saturday April 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 3
Apr 24, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Re-install it. Unfortunately MSN from Microsoft vendor does not support multiple languages, so you installed it in spanish or you got a spanish package, wich you must to replace witn an english package installation (of course, after uninstall your current version)
Hi! i hope by now you have resolved the whole language issue, but know that you do not need to reinstall the operating system in order to change the language.

Click your apple logo and go to system preferences. (that's the fourth option. You can also get there by clicking the icon on the dock)
go to international (Language and text in snow leopard)
On the very first tab it says language.
you will see a list of various languages, all you need to do is change the order and set english to the very top.
After you done this you can either log out and then log back in to see the changes or you can go to the apple logo again and look for the 7th option which is force quit (you can also press command + option + esc to see the menu) select finder (the icon will be next to the name of the application) and click re lunch. Everything will go back to english without the need to reinstall anything.