Start-up Error

Closed
thefoo - Sep 1, 2009 at 04:47 PM
 thefoo - Sep 2, 2009 at 02:25 AM
Hello,

Ive got the blue screen of death appear on my laptop (dell insipraon 1525).
I was running it by playing a game, and then the system crashed. I took the battery out as I was unable to restart the computer, but this resulted in an error saying that the pc couldnt load up for some reason or another.
I kept restarting the laptop and eventually got the message C0000135 (unable to locate componant) - the basesrv message. Ive had a look on the internet for possible solutions but they involve many different words and jargon that I haven't a clue about! I know i can operate computers well but im stumped by what to do with the operating system etc etc.
Ive seen that a re-installation of windows may be needed, but im looking for help before then if poss!
Im on Vista if that helps and the laptop is only a year old!

Thanks for your help in anticipation

2 replies

kergie_69 Posts 5 Registration date Monday August 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2009
Sep 1, 2009 at 06:03 PM
your problem can may cause two different things.. i dont really know what is really shown up to your computer .. but,,,.. i think i see some kind of ways to fix it..

first things that i found was the C0000135... do you have service pack 2?

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...
Technical information:
STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

or maybe .. the thing about you said that blue screen...

Blue Screen STOP Message C0000135 Appears at Startup?
Stop: c0000135 {Unable to Locate DLL}
The dynamic link library FILE_NAME could not be found in the specified path Default Load Path.

This error can occur for any of the following reasons:

File_name.dll is missing from the %SystemRoot%\system32 directory.
Your computer is loading the Sermouse.sys file.
If File_Name.dll exists, the software hive may be corrupted and, therefore, cannot load.

i think that you might reboot your computer for good..

i hope i help even though that is not that much...

have a good day..

CHEERS,
NATRIX
Yeah I think i do have SP2 but im not 100% sure!
the screen does come up with:

STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I dont really want to reboot my computer as Ive just bought/downloaded office 2007 from microsoft and ive a feeling i might lose it! Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks for your help Natrix.