I need to System reset with Vista

Closed
MY_NOD_UESP - Sep 2, 2009 at 02:04 PM
 MY_NOD_UESP - Sep 2, 2009 at 04:07 PM
Hello,

I've got a problem with my laptop:

Basically i needed to move some data files from an old computer onto this one, and created a new account on this vaio (VGN-FZ21Z), but i stupidly made this new user the administrator and made the previous user second user, which was previously admin.

Now, the computer previously had a Trojan, and i think this is what caused the problem; every time i switch on the computer, it doesn't give the option to switch user from the initial user (which isn't admin), and when i log on, and press switch user, it goes onto a 'Please wait' page and freezes (i then have to reboot it manually). I went to the local computer technics who said that the only option i've got is to sytem reset the computer, but I don't have a disk or anything.

HOW do i do it??!!! HELPP!!!!!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 2, 2009 at 02:26 PM
Hye,

there is somthing that you can do to recover your data before performing a system reset, All you need is a Ubuntu livecd, this is what is use, download it and boot on it, the linux system will start, from it you will be able to read you hard disk and save the data you require on a usb disk.

You should have at least some experience on linux because the user interface is a little bit different from windows, and dont worry about the admin right or file permission linux dont care about them
Thanks, but i don't need to recover data, i've got that what i want to do is reset the system, but i have no means to do so.