Windows vista wont start up

Closed
banYA - Sep 2, 2009 at 05:55 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 3, 2009 at 03:26 PM
Hello, my computer wont start up properly. i have a windows vista basic, on a lenovo computer. when i boot up the computer, everything works fine untill after the windows logo appers. then it says "configuration step 3 of 3 0% please do not turn of your computer". i know that that is what allways happens after windows uppdate, and we had just got a new update and then restarted the computer. but then about a min after it said the configuration thin, is says "shutting down" and restarts. then it reapeats the entire prosses over and over again. its been doing that all night now.
also, before we restarted the computer from installing the windows update, we used our new registry fixer. it scaned stuff and said "you have (about 80) problems with your regitsry. " so i clicked the fix option and it fixed some stuff and a wile later it said "done!" so i restarted the computer because the windows update wanted me to. thats when is got all messed up. (we used "ADVANCED REDISTRY DOCTER PRO 8.9.3.23" and it cost $24.95. can anyone help?!
Related:

3 responses

nomadcrys Posts 195 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 48
Sep 2, 2009 at 06:51 PM
Did you try to repair your windows using the installation dvd ?
i dont have an instalation dvd. windows just came with the computer
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 3, 2009 at 03:26 PM
Normally when Vista comes installed on the hard drive you can burn restore DVDs. Since you didn't burn these restore disks you must contact the manufacturer and buy them.

Or better still - take the PC to a repair shop and have them use their copy of Vista to do a "repair". When you get the PC back - UNINSTALL "ADVANCED REDISTRY DOCTER PRO 8.9.3.23". Registry programs are not needed and do NOT speed-up your computer. I you must have a registry cleaner then download CCleaner (it's FREE) it will do a good job and will NOT break your system.

After it's fixed - see if you can find the program that burns those backup disks.

Good Luck