Malwarebytes shuts off during scan

Closed
phil - Sep 2, 2009 at 04:07 PM
 JDworryfreeit - Sep 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Hello,
I have problems with malwarebytes, as it continously shuts off 5 seconds after i start to scan. I changed the file name multiple times and the extension name multiple times. Is there a way to fix this problem?
Related:

3 responses

i uninstalled, and reinstalled malwarebytes and it seems to have the same results off shutting off 5 seconds into the scan. Does this effect from the trojan that was downloaded into my computer?
pro-genius Posts 185 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 68
Sep 2, 2009 at 04:52 PM
Maybe you should reinstall the application, this may solve the problem.
JDworryfreeit
Sep 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Got a bit of a malware problem on a client's computer. It wouldn't even boot up past the log-in screen. Had to boot up in safe mode with networking. Malwarebytes would not run. Renamed it, reinstalled it, did everything. It would still get as far as starting a scan for 5 seconds then the screen would just close.Found a program called comboFix at the following link. This rebooted pc and ran a scan then it started back up. Pc started fine, able to run malwarebytes now too. Good to make a note of this.

https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?51664-mcAfee-Adware-and-Malwarebyte-will-not-run