Office 2007 programs very slow to start up

Closed
cadave - Sep 3, 2009 at 03:43 PM
Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 - Sep 5, 2009 at 04:54 AM
Hello, I recently upgraded a number of the computers here in my office. During the process the users were also upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 (a fresh full install that came with the new computer). Since then, two of the systems have developed a problem whereby Word or Excel (and most likely Powerpoint), whichever one is launched first, will take anywhere from 5-10 minutes to complete loading. During this time, the Word or Excel program is completely frozen, with a large plus sign visible on the screen. All other programs function normally during this time. Once either Word or Excel has launched completely, for the first time that day, both programs will fully launch in the usual 2-3 seconds. The only software I can recall installing, prior to this problem starting, is Windows SP3 for XP, but this was done to other computers running similar, if not identical setups, and the other computers have not had this same problem. I have been conducting regular searches for the last 6-8 weeks on the internet, but have found information on this problem. Does anybody have any ideas as to what may be causing this?
Related:

2 responses

Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 307
Sep 4, 2009 at 10:54 PM
I am not an expert
Increase system cache size to system managed
try increaing RAM also
Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 307
Sep 5, 2009 at 04:54 AM
Check the number of installed fonts also as the lesser the number of fonts, the faster the loading of programmes like Office and other graphics.