Switching Between Windows

Solved/Closed
shepherd Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2008 - Jul 21, 2008 at 03:57 PM
 glenn - Jun 10, 2010 at 04:05 PM
Hello,
My Switch Between Windows has changed the way it operates and I don't know how to fix it. When I first got my HP Pavilion dv9727 Notebook, I could click on the "Switch between windows " icon on the task bar and would see a cascade of windows in 3D on the screen. Now a little rectangle appears with icons representing the various open windows. What happened? How can I change it back?
Related:

6 responses

I had to get my computer re-configured therefore I had the same problem, but I did some research and the instructions are quite simple. When you are in your desktop screen right click on personalize and go to windows color and appearance. If the Windows Aero is not already clicked on make sure you click on it. (mine was set to Windows Vista Basic) that should reactivate your Aero again and get the 3D effect going. Hope this helps out!
Thankyouuuuuuuu
Kendra: I tried your suggestion re: switching to Windows Aero, which I did, but I want to switch from Windows Vista to MAC without shutting down and re-booting the system. Is that possible?
thank you very much, i had the same problem but after following your guideline i fixed that. cheers
Great instruction Thanks... : ~ )
Sounds like you have disabled the aero interface.

I don't run Vista anymore, so I cannot tell you the exact steps to change this.

I can tell you it's in the display properties. Searching google for "enable aero in vista" shows this link:
http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/how_to_enable_aero_in

give that a try.
I actually had trouble with the same thing and was reading Kendra's advice and she was right! For some reason it worked. Just like she said: Right click in empty desktop, click Personalize, click "window color and appearance", but when I got this far, my setup was a little different. If any of you get to this point and don't have an option to select the Color Scheme of: "Windows Aero" then click on the link on the bottom of the window that will read: "Open Classic Appearance Properties for More Color Options"A new window should pop up and in the "color scheme" box highlight: "Windows Aero" and your 3D window switcher should work again. Like I said, I don't know what color and appearance have to do with it, but thank you Kendra.
thanks Kendra ,
dont know how you figured that out but it re-enabled my 3d switching between windows ..
Thapelo
THANKS KENDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Change your settings from 16bit to 32 bit and it will come back.
hi.. i read your suggestion,, it sure would work but m unable to find the WINDOWS AERO option on the screen.. wht to do now?? please help me!!