Trouble with eBay include.ebaystatic.com ?

Closed
FelindaMay Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2009 - Sep 18, 2009 at 12:25 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 18, 2009 at 03:53 AM
Hello,

I have read and read and researched and researched to find out why in the world I have been having so much trouble with incredible slowness on eBay this week. Really bad today.
I tried a gagillion things and finally after about 3 hours found what actually worked. I am so unbelievably releived!!

Here is what the writer of the thread on eBay said (this is the solution that worked for me):

There seems to be a compatibility issue between FireFox and AVG's Safe Search scanner module. When the feature is turned on in FireFox some sites slow down to a crawl. Another Ebayer sent me a message this morning explaining the problem and when I disabled it the slowness went away completely. If you are using AVG 8. with FireFox this is may be the problem. To disable the Safe Search module do the following:

In FireFox click on Tools at the top of the page >
Then in the drop down menu click on Add-ons >
Locate AVG Safe Search add-on and click on disable

You will be asked to re-start FireFox. Click on box to do so - FireFox will re-start and the Add-on will be disabled. When FireFox re-starts, all the websites you were visiting will reload automatically so don't worry about having to re-open the sites manually (isn't FireFox great?). This action does not in any way affect the safety of your antivirus software, it just disables the Safe Search scanner module in FireFox. Your AVG software will still continue to protect you while surfing the net.

I followed these instructions and this corrected the problem for me. I have had the module turned on for more than 6 months and have never had a problem until yesterday. I believe there was a change at AVG that goofed things up as there has been no update yesterday by FireFox.

I suspect the scanner module causes the same problem in IE but I do not use IE (for obvious reasons). If you are having slow loading problems in IE find a way to disable the the Safe Search module in IE, perhaps on AVG's website or at Microsoft.
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 18, 2009 at 03:53 AM
hi there,

thanks for sharing

cheers