FoRmat

Closed
johnGR Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2008 - Jul 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM
RAC_Gump Posts 6 Registration date Friday July 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 29, 2008 - Jul 27, 2008 at 12:22 AM
Hi all plz help i wanna format my PC but in format i can't see HD why ???help i must format my pc

1 response

RAC_Gump Posts 6 Registration date Friday July 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 29, 2008 2
Jul 27, 2008 at 12:22 AM
You cant FORMAT your HDD if your PC is using it to run Windows!!! (which is normal) Its like trying to put air in your car tyres while your DRVING at 80mph !!!!

Simple way to format your HDD is to re-install windows and choose FORMAT when windows installs !!
You can FORMAT and not put windows on HDD, but that means your PC wont have an opertaing system !!
(unless you have two or more HDD's and one of them has an operating system on it)

Turn on PC......

Put Windows install disc in disc drive.....

Turn off PC.....

Turn on PC.....

When messege appears "Press any key to boot from CD-ROM" or similar messge.......do it!

When asked WHERE to install Windows, choose your HDD, and choose FORMAT to format it !!

(You should also choose NTFS file system over FAT32, Fat32 is the old system)

*NOTE* You will have to go throu the complete windows install, its the only way if you want to FORMAT your HDD and you only have one HDD in your PC. You can "partition" your HDD drive (divide it up into smaller, seperate areas) but you will have to learn about partitioning in Windows help.

Cheers Gump!!