My ipod wont sync my apps

Solved/Closed
bee - Sep 24, 2009 at 12:42 AM
 cahr - Feb 16, 2013 at 02:59 AM
Hello,i restored my itouch and for some reason its wont sync my applications I dont if its the software or not. whats wrong with it? should I go to the ipod store?

3 responses

Try this:

Make sure you have Authorized the Computer (From the top menu: "Store", "Authorize computer").

Then from the top menu, choose "File", then "Authorize Purchases from xxxxxx iphone"

Then go sync the apps in itunes with the iphone. Your purchased apps (free and paid) will then sync to the phone.

Good Luck

M
Thank you so much. I was getting so frustrated and really didn't want to download them one by one on my ipod.
Fantastic. Feel a bit daft for not working that out for myself but some things on i-tunes really are not very obvious. Their online help feature is terrible too. Thanks for posting this!
I had the exact same thing happen to me..........I did this.......and it still didn't work. Any other suggestions? I did Authorize from my computer-to which it replied I had already done that...so I went to step 2 and did not have a File "Authorize Purchases from Iphone" but a File "Transfer Purchases from Ipod" and this was from the File at the top.....please help! Thanks.
thx! I authorized my comp and it works! thx so much
What if they're jailbreak apps?
Hey, I had the same problem as those in the above comments..I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. The syncing messages were there but the apps weren't transferred. This doesn't happen with music, though.
hey..try and try..its a matter of failed attempts...i just keep on entering wrong password..until I reached failed attempta apple set..and finally I was able to restore..
It'sTimmeh Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2013
Jan 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM
For the two comments above this one, all you need to do is:
1. Open iTunes
2. Where it says music, click and change it to Apps
3. The previous step should have brought up you App Library, click and hold on the app you want on your device (obviously your device need to be connected to you PC/Mac)
4. Drag the app that you want to the right-hand-side of your screen
5. This should bring up a list with all you connected devices
6. Drop your app onto the device that you want that app on

Please reply if this helped,
Tim