HELP!!! w/ipod to an existing itunes file

Closed
tynanissquare Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2009 - Sep 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Asten M Posts 47 Registration date Thursday September 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2009 - Sep 28, 2009 at 08:16 AM
Hello,
A little backround before i jump into my problem. Couple years ago my computer crashed so i was no longer able to download songs into my ipod. Recently my parents bought a new computer so they passed their older one down to me. This "hand-me down" computer still has their old itunes forlder w/ all the songs that they have downloaded.

My problem:
I hear some of my friends saying that if i were to plug in my ipod into my "hand-me down" computer, my songs would be earased and all my parents songs would replace my songs. HELP A BROTHA OUT!!

&

Would this help? if i were to earse the itunes and re-download itunes using the cd software that came w/my ipod.

-A-sal
aka
beast from the middle east
aka
the man who INVENTED Thomas Jefferison
Related:

1 response

Asten M Posts 47 Registration date Thursday September 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2009 18
Sep 28, 2009 at 08:16 AM
I believe there is a setting to sync ipod's to the Itunes library when they are plugged in. I would look for that and turn it off or deselect it.

As for a reinstall of itunes, once you plug in your Ipod after the reinstallation, it should ask you if you wish to sync it.

Thats my input on the topic lol!

Regards

Asten M