Boot-Up Problem

Closed
gorhow - Sep 28, 2009 at 08:38 PM
Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 - Sep 29, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Hello,
When I turn on my Computer, the Monitor, Keyboard & Mouse are not recognised and I get a beep, beep beep from the Computer.
I removed the Hard Drive, put it into another computer, formatted the Hard Drive and reinstalled the system (XP Home) with no problems. I then put the Hard Drive back in and changed the RAM Sticks but I still have the same problem.
As I cannot access the monitor or keyboard or BIOS how can I sort this problem?
Related:

1 response

Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 26
Sep 29, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Hi,

According to me, your memory is either having a problem or dead.
Why don't you try to install a new memory and see if it works.If this doesn't work change the memory to another slot and try again.

If none of the above works then i guess your motherboard is having a problem, and you'll have to replace it.

You machine is having id beeping while having a memory slotted into it, to prove that you're memory is not functioning, remove it and boot the machine without the memory, you'll notice that you can hear the same beeps. Meaning it's like you machine doesn't have a memory slotted in it.