Bt Homehub has made my laptop in safe mode

Closed
rachel - Sep 30, 2009 at 03:58 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 30, 2009 at 05:00 AM
Hello,
Please can somebody help me!
I originally had a BT Homehub installed by the ethernet cable on my downstairs computer and ran my laptop upstairs using wireless ( built in) everything worked fine!
The other day I upgraded the BT Homehub to the newer version (2.0). It works fine on the wired computer but as soon as my laptop detects the wirelss network and begins to become connected to the internet the laptop shuts down and gives the message an error has occured. A few options then come up, start in safe mode, start in safe mode networking and start windows normally, when started normally it begins to start up then just does a loop coming back to asking the same question again. Starts in safe mode fine. Then when the bt homehub is turned off there is no problem, laptop starts up fine, and says Windows has recovered from a seriuos error.
I dont know too much Computer Lingo and will need basic instructions if anye can help me, I would be so so grateful.
Also when I first connected to the internet the laptop was accidentally on auto desktop recovery, would this have made it do this? I have since taken it off, but still no luck.

Thanking anyone in advance
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 30, 2009 at 05:00 AM
Dear Rachel,

Please try uninstalling the upgraded version of BT Homehub and install the older version instead.

If it works, it should be a problem which came out with the incompatibility of the upgraded version of BT Homehub with your PC.

Thanks.