Windows cannot repair automatically !!!!

Closed
tired - Oct 5, 2009 at 06:12 PM
 tired - Oct 5, 2009 at 07:20 PM
Hello,
ok my buddy has a toshiba Qosmio F45-AV411. when you turn it on it it goes to "startup reapir is checking your systems for problems". then it says, startup repair cannot cant repair this computer automatically. it then asks if i want to sned info about this problem i say no. it then says to click finish to exit and shut down computer. once that happens of course it shuts off. there is an option to view advanced options for system recovery and support. when i click that it takes me to the logon screen. theres the problem. he has no admin or guest profile. it says that your account has been disabled please see ur admin. but his user name say incorrect password. he doesnt remember it because this thing has been put away for a yr!!! how can i get passed this logon screen? it is really racking my brain. thanks for the help
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Oct 5, 2009 at 06:56 PM
If you have the Windows CD you could try a repair-install. See the instructions at this site:

https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-repair-windows-xp-2000-if-you-are-unable-to-boot-into-windows.8356/

Good Luck
sorry forgot to mention that it has windows vista. maybe what he is saying will work for vista also. thanks for the advice.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Oct 5, 2009 at 07:08 PM
NO - Vista does not have a non-destructive install option
i went into setup and swapped the cd drive in front of the hard drive in BOOT and i got through. right now its doing a recovery of factory default settings. i think i will be alright.
tired > tired
Oct 5, 2009 at 07:20 PM
oh hey thanks for replying to my problem. im iniraq man and ive been up all dang night trying to fix this thing its 3 in the morning !!! thanks again for that link