The software application RSync is used synchronize and back-up files and directories. This application is a standard utility in Linux / Unix based systems but it is absent in Windows.RSync can be implemented on Windows but it is best to use cwRsync and DeltaCopy rsync. Installation of cwRync enables users to have a portable version of the application. Read on for more information.
How to install RSync on Windows?
- To install RSync on Windows, you first need to install Cygwin: http://www.cygwin.com/
- cwRync for Windows: https://www.itefix.net/
- DeltaCopy for Windows: http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp
- cwRsync and DeltaCopy rsync are both compatible with Linux / Unix.
Note: Older versions of RSync on Windows may be unreliable.
How to install RSync portable version?
If you need to put RSync command line on a USB flash drive to synchronize directories, you need to install cwRync and get the following files: rsync.exe, cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll
This allows you to synchronize local directories.
Example: It synchronizes the directory "F: / my files" on the USB key to the folder :c:\usb"
rsync -r -v --size-only --chmod=ugo=rwX "/cygdrive/f/my file" "/cygdrive/c/usb"
It is recommended to use - size-only because the modified date of files in Windows is not always reliable. - chmod=ugo= rwX is important otherwise you cannot read the files in the destination (NTFS rights locked without this option)
- Rsync windows command line
- Rsync windows portable
- Rsync windows
- Use Net Send: send PC to PC messages on a local network > Guide
- Script to edit multiple files [solved] > Forum - Programming
- Command prompt: Windows 10, commands, shortcut > Guide
- Start/Stop a Service on Windows: command line, 10 > Guide
- How to turn on and use Wake on LAN on a PC? > Guide
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Where apps are stored on Windows 10?
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- PC restarting on its own: Windows 10, 11
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Show hidden files on Windows 10: via cmd, shortcut
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- Permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
- How to disable volume shadow copy?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Update to Windows 10 for free
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Windows calendar show week number
- Speed up Windows 10 computer performance
- How to increase your PC hard disk space?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- Play music on computer startup: Windows 10, Windows 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to right click on touch screen: Windows 10, monitor
- Asus smart gesture not working: after Windows 10 update
- Disable Ctfmon.exe at startup on Windows 10
- Fix touchpad on Windows 10: disabled, incompatible driver
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Pagefile.sys file: purpose, size, location
- How to activate a pirated version of Windows?
- How to change the installation location on Windows 7, 10, 11
- How to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 via cmd?
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to set up the phone companion app in Windows 10?
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Mount ISO files: Windows 10
- Windows 10: Home Vs Pro
- How to display Windows 10 update in Control Panel?
- Best Windows 10 browser: 2022, for privacy
- How to boot in safe mode in Windows 8, 10?
- How to switch graphics processor on Windows 10
- How to hide desktop icons on Windows 10?
- How to change Cortana search engine: to Google
- Take photos with your webcam on Windows 7, 10
- How to open the Windows 10 registry via cmd
- USB not recognized: Windows 10 fix
- How to turn off Taskbar Tidbits in Windows 10
- How to use Cortana in Windows 10
- How to enable classic notifications in Windows 10
- How to create a desktop shortcut for Cortana: WIndows 10
- How to record screen: Windows 11, 10
- How to uninstall Microsoft Edge on Windows 10