Unable to Send

Closed
louttu - Oct 7, 2009 at 12:46 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Oct 10, 2009 at 10:50 AM
Hello,

I am having issues with my Outlook. I have 2 different accounts assigned to my Outlook. One is my POP/SMTP and the other is an exchange server. My problem is that I use my POP account to send & receive e-mail, and my office exchange to access other people calender, contacts, ect. When I receive e-mails it goes straight to my POP account like it should, but when I try to send it goes to the outbox of the Exchange server account. I have the settings for my POP account the be sent from that account by default. Why is this happening? Is there a simple fix for this?

Please help.
Thanks.

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Oct 10, 2009 at 10:50 AM
ok,
I think I may know what is happening here.

when you click on new to create your email,
you will notice 5 buttons to the left of the to, Cc and Bcc fields.

they are Send, To, Cc Bcc and Account.

now, if you click on the account button, you will get a drop down box with the names of the accounts you have setup on your outlook.

you need to click the account that you wish to send the email out with. this will then send the email using that account.

(well that's how it is in Outlook 2007)

let me know if that has helped or not.