Virus Help

Closed
Curt - Oct 21, 2009 at 07:08 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 22, 2009 at 06:29 AM
Hello,
I've got a seemingly small problem. I have a virus that seems to not have taken effect. I was on a website and it pops up saying "Download Active X Control" or something. My anti-virus (yes MY anti-virus CA, not a bogus one) and it says that theres a file infected. It was a bunch of numbers and stuff, so I couldn't remeber it, anyway I scan and while that is going on, I look for everything I've accessed in this day. I find something with a bunch of code, and I open it up and I see 4 files, one with even more code and the others Java-related, I click on the coded one, othing, I left click it and hit my only choice, "Properties". When the next window comes up, it says "ActiveX Control", I'm sure I've found it. I try to delet it, nothing, I go back one file and try to delete that, it says "You need permission to do that" so I try scanning that individual file, and it says it only scanned 2 things, when I saw 4. I think I've found it and I can't get rid of it, I've heard of how awful Active X Control virus can be, and I don't want a nuke waiting to go off sitting in my computer, plz help!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 22, 2009 at 06:29 AM
Dear Curt,

This might be occuring due to the fact that the anti virus software does not recognise the virus or is unable

to know how to remove it. Please update this software and carry out the removal. This matter should be

solved then. Also I will advise you to activate your firewalls for more precautions and preventing this to

happen again.

Thank you.