Cant select options to start windows normally

Closed
K - Oct 22, 2009 at 12:30 PM
 K - Oct 22, 2009 at 03:50 PM
Hello, when I reboot my pc I am getting the error page windows did not shutdown properly.. the options to select start windows normally is highlighted but (LOL) the keyboard will not work... I have tested the keyboard and it works fine... please help!!
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 22, 2009 at 01:30 PM
hi there,

is your keyboard

ps2 or usb?

if ps2 then may be your port is damaged try using a usb one

Thanks
its usb and I have tried changing the port no luck... I also tried a different keyboard.. when I first turn on the pc the 1st screen is the option to select F2 setup or F11 boot options.... if I select either of the two the keyboard works... if I do not select anything the process continues to the next screen stating we aplogize but your pc was not properly shut down on your last login blah blah blah blah blah blah. to continiue select to start windows normally.. OK!! I can not press enter on the keyboard... after the 30 second countdown pc flashes the windows xp logo and loops back to the first page F2/F11 options.... may need to reinstall... dont want to hoping theres something simple to fix the madness!!