Computer wont start

Closed
dazza Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2008 - Aug 10, 2008 at 06:20 AM
dazza Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2008 - Aug 11, 2008 at 01:24 PM
Hello,
i wonder if theres anyone that can help me, left my pc running last night when i went to bed, got up this morning and it was turned off, tried firing it up but nothing happened.
i've checked all the cables, swapped the power cable alls fine there
opened the machine up and checked things out, all looks fine, the motherboard light is on when its plugged in so its getting power, but when i try starting it up the case fan twitches and thats it, nothing else works.

its a self built system P4 with a 550w PSU plenty of RAM (i forget how much) got a 250gb hd and Nvidea graphics card

if anyone out there has come across this problem and can shed some light it would be much apprecated.

thanks in advance

Dazza

2 responses

hardman34 Posts 7 Registration date Monday April 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009
Aug 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM
hi there,

what i would advise you is to check whether the m/b is still good.
you can do this by unplugging all the cables leaving only the processor and the momory onboard. remove all the rest cables attached to the motherboard.
if the pc starts up it means that the m/b is still good but if it doesnt then its your m/b which is no more good.

hope that helps you and if you have any questions you can rewrite here

see you
dazza Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2008
Aug 11, 2008 at 01:24 PM
Thanks for your help hardman, it looks like it is the motherboard. out comes the wallet again :(

cheers