Monitor Dies Immediately After Windows Login

Closed
Avarice - Aug 11, 2008 at 04:58 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - May 24, 2009 at 09:57 AM
Hello,

I am met with a most curious problem. I am running a DELL LAPTOP and here is what happens:

I turn on the laptop. Everything is working perfectly fine. I get to the WINDOWS XP Login page. I have HOME EDITION, so it's like, ME and SOMEONE ELSE. I proceed to login as I usually do into ME, and then, my desktop will flash for a split second before my monitor dies. No backlight - just pitch black and nothing else. The computer itself is still running, as I hear the Windowns login jingle and numerous other jingles, so it's just the monitor that is messed up.

Restarting, etc, does not help.

HOWEVER, I just tried logging into to the SOMEONE ELSE account, and everything works fine!!

This must be some kind of software issue. Can anyone help me understand why my monitor dies completely only when I'm logging into the ME user acct?

Please email me your comments. Thanks.
Related:

3 responses

any lucjk yet on this?
because I am using Vista Business edition in office and facing same problem :-(
any lucjk yet on this?
because I am using Vista Business edition in office and facing same problem :-(
This is a normal desktop PC and for me too the system DOES keep running.. except for monitor.. which is dead
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
May 24, 2009 at 09:57 AM
boot up in safe mode in your account.
this will load very basic vga drivers.
you will be able to see the screen.
uninstall your graphic card drivers.
reboot your machine - logon to your account - the pc will then proceed to reinstall the drivers for your graphics card. This. hopefully, will solve the issue. ( i had the same issue with a nvidia graphics card. downloaded latest drivers and it solved the problem)