My sound won't come out.....

Closed
Adrenaline - Aug 12, 2008 at 02:46 PM
 dustytech.studentMCP,NET+ - Aug 14, 2008 at 07:42 PM
Hello,
....I was deleting alot of stuff out of my control panal...I think I may have deleted something to do with my audio...because now i can't hear the music play out of my computer...I went to gateway.com/support to try and find the drivers for the audio...but they dont have my model...my computer is a emachines model: W3107 Windows XP...
I don't know what else I can do...please give me some info.......
Related:

1 response

dustytech.studentMCP,NET+
Aug 14, 2008 at 07:42 PM
You can delete programs installed in the Operating System not try to delete anything out of the Control Panel for this reason. When you remove something from ADD and Remove programs it will delete the applet from Control Panel to if one is there from that program. Do not delete anything from the ADD and Remove programs if you don't know what it is because many device drivers are listed here and will cause the hardware not to work. If you accidently delet something use your backup to reinstall it. Check your computer for a system recovery option usually in programs. It will let you choose a date to role back to. All changes since this date will be gone along with any new installed programs, etc. It would help if you created your own backups to cover these problems because some System Recovery programs will only go back around 10 days, or a full clean recovery which means it will not have anything that you put on it since you purchased it. You could try to go to My computer right click, select manage, select device manager, select sound, vidio game controllers. Select the audio card shown and right click it. then select update driver. Try it manually without connecting to the internet/ then automatic. Then try the other option of going to windows update for the driver. IF you have no sound device in device manager then right click the sound, vidio game controllers and scan for hardware changes. Good luck. DID your computer come with any disks? this will also help.