My laptop has black screen and 3 beeps

Closed
skipper386 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2009 - Nov 5, 2009 at 12:30 AM
 Denise - Jan 7, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Hello,
I have a problem with my laptop HP PAVILLION DV2083ea, all I can see is black screen followed by 3 beeps and when I check my hard drive it is functioning as well as memory, I believe that 3 beeps indicate that my memory is damaged or not properly replaced right but I did try to place it properly and also I try to use my memory in another laptop and it is functioning well..

what seems to be the problem of my laptop
Related:

2 responses

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Nov 5, 2009 at 09:14 AM
hi there,

you will get more information on beep codes on link below:

https://ccm.net/faq/344-how-to-recognize-computer-beeps

Thanks
My laptop gives 3 beeps, one long beep and two short beeps with a blank display. Tried everything to fix it but did not work. Eventually a friend told me about technomart and they fixed the video chip fault in a day. Works very well now. I am glad because I depend on my laptop a lot. Hope this helps.

Bob001
Hey I found a way to fix it but I doubt it'll last forever. It worked for me, so maybe it might work for others.
I had the same problem with my HP Pavillion.
It might sound a little weird, but it worked for me.

Once it turns on and beeps, leave it on but shut the laptop lid.
Eventually the machine overheat and it will manually shut down. (To speed it up wrap it up in something, leave it for like half and hour.)
If you turn it back on, it should work again.

As odd as it sounds, it worked for me.