Pin drive without operating System --plz help

Closed
Kat22 - Nov 5, 2009 at 11:55 AM
 ABCD - Apr 2, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Hello,

I feel awfully stupid for now knowing what to do to get my vaio 44G desk top computer back :( I cleaned the dust out of it yesterday, then a cable came loose. Instead of looking to see where it came from I simply re-inserted it a few hours later after doing other work.

I get an error message that reads:

Pin Drive Without Operating System. Remove and reboot.

When going into Bios, it said that the HD was not detected, so I clicked on it and selected : Auto, re-booted and the same message.

It also shows the Mac Address: ....

One error I got was: IntelBoot agentGe V1.2.10 Client Mac Address

I have the middle of the band (that you connect with plugged into the master hard drive, the only hd I have. The purple color on the band is left on the mother board and right on the hd. Does this make a difference how the connecting band is placed with the color of the band on the edge a certain way?

I'm afraid I have messed up the HD by touching it with static, or something.

Thank you for any help.

I'm trying to resolve the issue myself, as I used to "teach" computer skills although, not an A+ person. Only know the very, and I mean Very basics of the inside of the machine.

Sigh.

I work on line and have a book to edit, I really need to get my PC back soon.

For helping me, I'll promote your business or service on my blogs, and on my website.

Thank you again,

One Stop Write Shop -- Join today, free!
<a href="http://www.onestopwriteshop.com" target="_blank">Publish Writing, Community for Writers, Contest</a>

2 responses

OneStopWriteShopAuthor Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2009
Nov 5, 2009 at 05:15 PM
I"m the one who posted the question above earlier, and I found out what is wrong with my computer.

Sadly to say, my hard drive is ka - PUT!

While rushing around yesterday after a cable came unplugged, I plugged it in the wrong way and by doing this not so patiently I must add, it took a pin completely out of my hard drive.

I did learn a few new things by taking it to a technician, other then not putting the adapter cable end into the hard drive the wrong way. But, that once a hard drive is replaced it may need a formatting CD, or the recovery disc. I had the Vaio Recovery DVD's, but without all of the pins in my hard drive, it wouldn't recognize it.

I also found out about a great website from this tech, called: Tiger Direct where I can replace my hard drive for only $49 - 50.00! That is for a 160 GB hard drive. I'm probably going to get a 3-520 GB for less than $120.00!

Thanks for allowing me to post my question today.

I will be sure to add a link in my websites resource directory. I know I'll need it.

-- Katina