Re wireless router

Closed
yon - Aug 14, 2008 at 09:49 PM
 dusty.techstudentMCP,NET+ - Aug 16, 2008 at 11:14 PM
Hello,

i setup the router to a broadband connection. the connection was excellent but still i cant browse to the net. would please give an idea what to do for this problem.

thanks
Related:

2 responses

AcerRay Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 14, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 15, 2008
Aug 15, 2008 at 08:04 AM
Hi Yon,
I had a similar problem with my Zoom ADSL router and was advised to set it for G.DMT it went from 'Hand shake' mode to 'Show Time' a search on Google for G.DMT says 'G.DMT full-rate ADSL'. Hope this is helpful
From a non techie
dusty.techstudentMCP,NET+
Aug 16, 2008 at 11:14 PM
you should contact the router manufacturer support. Not enough info. to know the full issue. You could be connected to the router wireless or wired and if the cable from the broadband is bad, you will still show a signal. Just one of many things to cause this. If the router is not configured correctly, such as DHCP (automaic) and the computer Static (manual) this will do the same thing beacause this setup is backwards. Make sure after each network configuration change on the computer you do a restart or it still won't release and renew the IP address even if you do make changes. As I said many areas to check. Not to mention compatible security settings on the network configuration of the computer and the Security configuration of the router.