My computer is slow

Closed
manshafi - Nov 7, 2009 at 01:26 AM
bi3tka Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2009 - Dec 21, 2009 at 09:50 PM
Hello,my computer is working very slow.I have tried to install antivirus but its still slow.Also i need to register my laptop(TOSHIBA) so that i can receive free technical support from manufacturer.what can i do?

5 responses

wsemerald Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 24, 2010 3
Dec 21, 2009 at 08:03 PM
Hi, you can optimize system and speed up your computer by the following ways:
1.run a antivirus software to scan your computer fully.

virus usually impacts the speed of computer.
If there is no virus, see the possible reasons that make computers slow down and solutions.

2.Registry is the centre database of your computer operating system which contains information and settings for hardware, operating system software, most non-operating system software, and per-user settings. You must load the registry whenever you launch any programs on your computer. If the registry is too fat or with some errors, computer's performance will seriously be impacted. So, you need to clean up registry and fix its errors.

If you are not familiar with registry, don't remove files away from it and clean up it easily for you may delete important things that will make your computer in trouble. You'd better choose to use a professional registry cleaner,personally,I like wondershare registry optimizer,it's safe to operating system.

3.There must be too many programs start up automatically when you start your computer.Run a registry optimizer or cleaner to stop those unnecessary start-up programs.

4.Have you ever clean up your computer since you bought it? If the answer is never, I am sure that there are lots of junk files on it. Junk files is also one of reasons that will cause computer slowing down. You'd better delete them regularly.

2,3,4 can be realized by a registry optimizer.

5.If a registry optimizer doesn't work, add RAM or do a fresh reinstall of windows. Before you do a reinstall, please remember to back up.However, you should know that frequent reinstall is harm to hard disk.

6.Put programs on other drivers ,not C driver, because commonly C is for operating system. And defrag hard disks every 2 months.

7. do not run too many programs at one time
Good luck.
RiverFox Posts 8 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2009 1
Nov 7, 2009 at 01:30 AM
Get rid of everything that starts at bootup that you don't need. Start there.
Clean and repair the registry, If you don't know how get software to do it, in fact it is much safer that way.

The problem with vista is that a lot of software esp. older programs are not compatible. Vista registry gets corrupted easy. You need to get rid of the bad or orphaned files. In most cases this will greatly increase your computers speed.

You could also have spyware running in the background. I would start with a registry scan and go from there. If you need software or more info here is a good site I found. http://registry-repair-program-reviews.com
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 656
Nov 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM
hi there,

remove all unused programs

and delete unused files like excessive music and videos or transfer to a removable disk or partition

follow instructions on link below:

https://ccm.net/faq/291-how-to-clean-up-a-slow-pc

and speed your pc

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
bi3tka Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2009
Dec 21, 2009 at 09:50 PM
install mcafee its really good and if you are a comcast customer you get it for free.