How can i bypass windows validation

Solved/Closed
skhan19 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2009 - Nov 7, 2009 at 08:58 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 20, 2010 at 07:37 AM
Hello,
My pc crashed and i repaired the windows operating system, but now my pc is saying that i have a windows validation problem. how can i bypass this since i cant access any files. if i got to F8, or safe mode it brings me back to the blue windows screen repeating the windows xp message about validation.

can any one help me resolve my problem. I dont want to format my pc since i will loose my data.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 20, 2010 at 07:37 AM
*Download Key Update Tool, a utility provided by Microsoft to change the key of the Windows version installed.

*The download address is http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/3/7/83712767-395c-4327-8e87-38be7b0cf75f/KeyUpdateTool_enu.exe

*Double-click the utility will then check the system files.

*Enter the official key and click Next.

*Accept the license agreement and click Next.

*The key is legalized.

*Click Finish.

*Windows restarts.
If you are sure your windows copy is legit, and you can connect to a wired network that uses DHCP & not fixed ip addresses for clients, connect to the network, power up your system and at the validation request, go ahead and do so.

Your system will send validation information and the validation server will log you in.

If your copy of windows is not legit, obtain a copy and install, asking the setup program to "Repair Windows" when it says it found and existing installation. Do make sure you purchase the same version (Home vs Professional) to ensure setup will detect your current installation.